Dec 9, 2019
Meet Dr Cecilia Dintino and Hannah Murray Starobin, a
psychologist and psychotherapist, who are the hosts of the very
fabulous Twisting the Plot podcast.
These two are all about changing the unhelpful narratives we may
hold dear and creating new stories for ourselves as we go through
midlife and beyond. Anything is possible! We talk about:
- How they went from complaining about midlife to finding the
glory in it
- How not having any rules means you can make up your own
- How they met doing musical theatre
- How you can rewrite your story at any stage of life
- Applying fun, hope, imagination and creativity to our
- How we have to fight the cultural messages to see this stage as
- The prevailing negative narrative about getting older
- How there is always more to learn and be right to the end of
- The importance of remaining curious throughout life
- How you can still grow even if you don’t have your health
- Not being defined by being a mother, grandmother
- Living fully until you don’t
- The importance of questioning your own biases
- How the midlife landscape is really changing
- What Twisting the Plot means
- Sharing stories about the different stages of midlife
- You can invent your future – what you want to be may not even
- Not going invisible to ourselves
- Giving ourselves cultural permission to reinvent ourselves
- Putting ourselves higher up the priority list
- Coming together to create change
- Not being prescriptive about being an older woman
- Embracing our diversity as we age
- Finding our tribe but not being confined by it
- We don’t have to fight over resources and hierarchy
- We are so much more powerful if we lift each other up rather
- The energy that comes from having a side hustle (when you think
you don’t have time for it)
- The Art of Possibility book
- Learning that it’s OK to leave the box to solve the
- The importance of staying curious
- How we respond to things, and how we move forward are the
invention that we have control over
- You can’t change the story necessarily but you can change the
associated feelings and how the story ends!
And lots more!
Find out more about Cecilia and Hannah and listen to their
podcast on their website.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and
maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening.
Find out how to leave a review
You can find out more information and get the show notes to
every episode at magnificentmidlife.com.
That’s also where you’ll find strategies, support and resources
to help make your midlife magnificent. There’s a midlife wellness
program, courses, midlife mentoring to help make the most of your
next chapter and our online Members Club. If not now, when?