Nov 29, 2022
Dr Amanda Hanson is on a mission to revolutionize how women age and how society feels about older women. She believes midlife should be a time of power and joy, rather than crisis. She's a clinical psychologist and coach. She's the high profile Midlife Muse on social media.
We talk about:
- Recognizing and fighting the narratives about women and age
- The role of misogyny
- Breaking free of society's expectations for older women
- Lessons from going grey as a woman
- The work of Mama Gema
- How we can be all the things as we age - we don't trade sensuality for wisdom, for example
- Stepping out of fear when it comes to ageing
- Going viral on TikTok
- How perceptions shape our reality
- Moving to a sense of abundance about ourselves
- Choosing to age differently to what we see as the norm
- A radical approach to changing the narrative about women's reproductive rights
- Women taking care of their own sexual needs
- Refusing to be a victim even though it's easy to do that
- Taking radical responsibility
- Building a plan for the menopause transition
- Staying curious and proactive about menopause
- The power of the feminine
- Finding your tribe of women and opening up conversations
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave us a 5* review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening.
Order the ebook or audiobook (narrated by Rachel) versions of Rachel’s book, Magnificent Midlife: Transform Your Middle Years, Menopause And Beyond at magnificentmidlife.com/book
The paperback can be purchased on Amazon or other online retailers:
US & Canada: https://www.amazon.com/Magnificent-Midlife-Transform-Middle-Menopause/dp/173981150X/
You can listen to all the other episodes and get the show notes at magnificentmidlife.com/podcast.
Recommended by the Sunday Times.
Feedspot #3 in best midlife podcasts and #12 in best women over 50 podcasts worldwide.
You'll find lots of strategies, support, and resources to help make your midlife magnificent at magnificentmidlife.com.
Check out Rachel's online Revitalize Experience, a 6-week intensive small group mentoring experience or 1-1 Midlife Mentoring.
Follow Rachel on: