Oct 31, 2023
Amanda O’ Brien became a full-time digital publisher in midlife, with four successful websites focusing on travel, pets and information. She’s a former marketing director at big corporations and an Australian who’s made London her home. She’s a boutique adventurer, and she’s visited over 70 countries on her travels.
We talk about:
- What it was like for Amanda to switch from marketing director to digital publisher in midlife
- How advertising network Mediavine works and its impact on website traffic and SEO
- Transitioning from marketing to digital publishing
- Amanda’s solo travel experiences and her advice for women
- Amanda’s experience of climbing Kilimanjaro
- The experience of feeling uncomfortable in traveling solo, but finding comfort in realizing that nobody notices or cares.
- What Amanda likes about being an Aussie in London
- Cultural difference between Australia and the UK
- Bhutan culture, tourism, and aging society
- Travel blogging, social media, and influencer marketing
- Midlife transitions, online presence, and networking
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave us a 5* review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening.
Order the ebook or audiobook (narrated by Rachel) versions of Rachel’s book, Magnificent Midlife: Transform Your Middle Years, Menopause And Beyond at magnificentmidlife.com/book
The paperback can be purchased on Amazon or other online retailers:
US & Canada: https://www.amazon.com/Magnificent-Midlife-Transform-Middle-Menopause/dp/173981150X/
You can listen to all the other episodes and get the show notes at magnificentmidlife.com/podcast.
Recommended by the Sunday Times.
You'll find lots of strategies, support, and resources to help make your midlife magnificent at magnificentmidlife.com.