Jan 31, 2023
I interview Makeda Smith, celebrity publicist, pole and exotic dancer. She began her pole and aerial training at the age of 50 and created her own exotic dance brand called FlyingOver50. She’s over 60 now and still pole-dancing!
We talk about:
- How Makeda came to start pole dancing at age 50
- How pole dancing changed her life
- Why sexy never gets old
- The Everybody Visible movement on social media
- How women in midlife and beyond can stay feeling sexy
- How to get over the fear of injury when staying active as we age
- Taking the fear out of the pole aspect of what Makeda does
- Cultural differences in responses to older women being sexy
- Balancing PR and pole dancing
- Those very high shoes Makeda wears
- Adapting to classes in a Covid world
- Awakening the sleeping goddess in all of us
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave us a 5* review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening.
Order the ebook or audiobook (narrated by Rachel) versions of Rachel’s book, Magnificent Midlife: Transform Your Middle Years, Menopause And Beyond at magnificentmidlife.com/book
The paperback can be purchased on Amazon or other online retailers:
US & Canada: https://www.amazon.com/Magnificent-Midlife-Transform-Middle-Menopause/dp/173981150X/
You can listen to all the other episodes and get the show notes at magnificentmidlife.com/podcast.
Recommended by the Sunday Times.
You'll find lots of strategies, support, and resources to help make your midlife magnificent at magnificentmidlife.com.
Follow Rachel on: